Silvery Light Sailing
Part Time Community Support Worker
Location: Silvery Light Sailing, Office 9, Linenhall House, WIN Business Park, Newry, Co Down, BT35 6PH
Part time: 16 hours per week (Flexible) Reports to: Project Manager
Salary: £9,750 gross
Key Relationships: Trustees, Crew, Clients, Sponsors/Funders, Volunteers and Suppliers.
Main Purpose: Responsible for the administration of the Silvery Light Sailing organisation.
Duties and Responsibilities
Administration & Managerial Support
- General administration duties to include:
- Word processing, Spreadsheets, development/maintenance of filing systems
- Basic Bookkeeping – Petty Cash/Bank Records/Invoicing
- Liaising with Trainee Sponsors & Youth Groups etc
- Coordination/Booking/Preparation of Sail Training and Other Voyages
- Preparation of Sail Training Manifests and Parental Permissions
- Maintaining/Collation of Voyage and Onshore Records
- Processing applications for Crew and Volunteer including vetting checks
- Assist with maintenance of databases and other records including GDPR security and protections
- Liaise re administrative matters with Vessel Crews and Onshore Tutors/Supervisors and Volunteers as required
- Dealing with general enquiries/emails/post
- Liaising with/Maintaining Volunteer data base.
- Assist with co-ordination/promotion of events/fundraising opportunities
- Assist with development and circulation of publications and other promotional materials, prepare/circulate publicity materials, to include flyers of training courses, e-mail
- Assist with development and maintenance of website and other social media platforms
- Assist with preparation of articles for website and other social media platforms
- Information gathering from internet as required
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal
- IT Skills (Including Microsoft Office packages as well as Social Media platforms)
- Ability to plan, prioritise and organise work, to meet statutory and company deadlines
- Ability to plan, prioritise and organise work, to meet statutory, funding and company deadlines.
- Meticulous approach, with attention to detail
- Working with others effectively, adapting to change
- An interest and understanding in matters relating to maritime heritage in its many manifestations.
Closing Date for applications: Friday 5th August, 4.00pm, 2022
For more details, please contact Pat Conway, Project Manager at email@example.com or mobile 078 7156 2413
This post is funded by the National Lottery Community Fund