Monday, July 22, 2024
Google search engine
No menu items!
HomeAbout CCGCCG Affiliated MembersCommunity Advice Newry, Mourne & Down

Community Advice Newry, Mourne & Down

Community Advice Newry Mourne and Down, formerly Citizens Advice Newry, Mourne and Down was incorporated on 1st January 2019 following the realignment of Citizens Advice Bureaux in Northern Ireland.

Community Advice is a registered charity that provides free advice and support to the residents of Newry, Mourne and Down on problems they face in their everyday lives. We help clients to access advice via the channel of their choice. This could be to lift the phone, ping an email, or send a WhatsApp, we are here for you whenever you need us.

We help people find a way forward.

We can all face problems that seem complicated or intimidating. At Community Advice we believe no one should have to face these problems without good quality, free independent advice.

That is why we are here: to give people the knowledge and confidence they need to find their way forward – whoever they are, and whatever their problem.

When we say we are for everyone, we mean it. People rely on us because we are independent and totally impartial.



The Welfare Reforms have brought many changes, and these can be daunting to clients resulting in unclaimed benefits worth millions of pounds. We fight against poverty ensuring that people claim and receive their full benefit entitlement. We provide free, independent, confidential, and impartial advice. This means that clients do not have the worry about the cost of the service, and this will help to relieve pressure and help with their mental wellbeing.

Contact us about:

  • Benefit entitlement check and advice onclaiming benefits.
  • Assistance with benefit claim forms.
  • Assistance to challenge benefit decisions.


Tribunal Representation

If you have a problem with benefits, there may be something you can do about it. You may be dissatisfied because you think a decision is wrong or you just want the decision explained.

If you think that you are entitled to benefit, have made a claim and been told you cannot get anything (or will get less than you think you should), you can challenge the decision.

We can offer advice on how to challenge a decision or appeal and provide free representation at your appeal from our appeal representative.



If you are unhappy with a service or product you have purchased, we can tell you what your rights are and offer impartial advice.

You can contact us if you:

  • receive goods that are faulty, not fit for their purpose, or described incorrectly.
  • receive services that have not been carried out with reasonable care and within a reasonable time or for an acceptable price.
  • think you have been scammed.
  • We can give you practical advice on how to resolve your consumer problem and tell you the law which applies to your situation.



Having a job is an essential part of most people’s lives. When you are in work, you can be faced with many difficult issues, so it is essential to know what your rights are. Here you can find out more about those rights and how to solve problems. 

We advise on:

  • Rights and entitlements in work such as pay, holidays, sick pay, maternity and paternity rights.
  • Leaving a job – redundancy, notice, final pay etc
  • Problems at work – contracts, disputes, discrimination, health and safety
  • Always check your insurance policies such a home or health insurance for legal protection as this can often provide cover if you have to take a case to an employment tribunal.



Housing issues will always arise and therefore you need to know your rights and responsibilities. You could also find yourself threatened with eviction if you can’t cope with your mortgage payments.. You can also find advice on handling problems with your landlord and help to avoid losing your home.

We can provide advice on a wide range of housing issues including:

  • Rent and Repossession.
  • Homelessness.
  • Housing Disrepair.
  • Anti Social Behaviour.



If you are going through a difficult time with your family,or if your relationship has broken down we can help when life becomes complicated.

We can provide advice on:

  • Registering a birth or changing your name
  • Having a child
  • Relationship breakdown or entering into a relationship.
  • Deal with financial affairs after someone has died.
  • We can also give advice on and refer you to specialist support services if you have experience of gender violence, child abuse, mental health or addiction issues.
  • You can also find out how to deal with things like making a will, registering a birth or changing your name, and where else to go for help.
Receptionist/ Admin (Part-Time)spot_img

Most Popular

Recent Comments