A CARER RESPITE SCHEME FOR PARENTS OF CHILDREN WITH SPECIAL NEEDS
This programme operated with the support of the Southern Health and Social Care Trust and the Health and Social Care Board, matches volunteers with disabled children, to deliver therapeutic play sessions in their homes.
Local volunteers are recruited to give much needed assistance to families in their area. Normally students are 16-18 years of age, but there is no upper age limit.
The scheme provides for the participants:
- Full training scheme delivered by Health and Socail care professionals
- Recognition of volunteering hours through the Millennium Volunteer Award Scheme
- Help and support throughout
- A great opportunity to gain experience over the summer
The scheme provides for the Families:
- Enthusiastic volunteers trained in delivering play sessions
- Support through the process and admin backup
- Respite from the demands of daily care
- A new and stimulating experience for your child
- Sessions during the summer for 2 hours, once a week
If you have any questions you can contact Ballybot House: 02830261022 and ask for Conor or